Mosley and Mayweather makes weight for their fight tomorrow night May 1st. WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley (46-5, 39KOs) stepped on the scale at a ready 147-pounds while Floyd Mayweather Jr. (40-0, 25KOs) stepped on the scale a pound lighter, weighing at 146-pounds for their scheduled 12-round fight.
A raucous crowd where some of whom had been waiting for hours, was on hand Friday at the MGM Grand to see both fighters make weight for their “Mayweather vs. Mosley: Who R U Picking?” megafight bout on PPV which is scheduled tomorrow night May 1, 9pm ET.
In the co-feature, a welterweight bout is apparently taking place at junior middleweight. Jose Miguel Cotto (31-1-1, 23KOs) moved up by nearly two weight classes to come in at 149-pounds. Unbeaten Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (31-0, 23KOs) weighed 150-pounds.
Mayweather-Mosley Weigh-in Results
- Shane Mosley 147 vs Floyd Mayweather 146
- Saul Alvarez 150 vs JM Cotto 149
- Daniel Ponce de Leon 125 vs Cornelius Lock 125
- Said Ouali 146 vs. Hector Saldivia 147.5
- Arturo Morua 141 vs. Jessie Vargas 142
- Gilberto Sanchez Leon 130 vs. Eloy Perez 129
- Dion Savage 168 vs. Tommie Speller 166
- Luis Ramos 136 vs. Allen Litzau 138**
- Daniel Reece 136 vs. Angel Soto 137
** Contract was 135
Don’t forget the main event night, watch Mayweather vs Mosley live stream on HBO PPV this Saturday night May 1, 2010 9PM ET/6PM PT at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
While waiting for the fight night, you can watch Mayweather-Mosley HBO 24/7 series at the link provided. Watch out for it.